Drain Clog Prevention


Drain CleaningClogged drains are usually caused by the accumulation of hair, grease, and food particles in the drainpipes. This buildup slows and eventually stops water from flowing through the pipe. When fats, grease, soap scum, hair, and food particles repeatedly go into the drain, they eventually solidify on the walls of the pipes, trap other debris, and clog the drain pipe completely. The best way to prevent clogs is to keep these things out of your drain pipes and periodically schedule for professional Drain Cleaning services.

Preventing Clogs

There are several things you can do to prevent clogs. One simple method is to install drain covers or hair guards. Putting food waste into the trash can and pouring left over grease into a receptacle for proper disposal also helps. Just because something goes down the drain does not mean it is gone. Organic matter can stick to the pipes, build up over time, and clog the drain. By making sure waste water, toilet tissue, and bodily waste are the only things that go into your drain, you can prevent 90% of clogs. The other 10% is caused by kids throwing stuff into the commode and there’s not much you can do to prevent that.

Clean Drains Periodically

Another way you can prevent clogs is to have your drains cleaned periodically. A few times a year you should have a plumber come in and clean your drains. You should call them immediately if your sink, tub, or commode begins draining slowly. Plumbers have a number of methods they can use to clean your pipes, remove build up and prevent you from having expensive plumbing problems. Don’t pour strong chemicals into your drains. They can damage the pipes, release noxious fumes, or cause explosions and other potentially dangerous outcomes.

Call A Plumber

At the first sign of trouble with your drain, you should call a plumber. They can inspect the pipes, identify potential problems, and fix them. This can save you from having to spend thousands of dollars on emergency service calls to replace busted drain pipes and repair the damage done when your drains back up, overflow onto the floor and you have to repair or replace your floor covering.

Remember to prevent clogs keep grease, food particles, hair, coffee grounds, bones, egg shells, starches, and inorganic matter other than toilet tissue out of your drains and have them cleaned periodically by a plumber.

Are you looking for Drain Cleaning services in the San Jose area? Look no further than Rayne Plumbing & Sewer Inc. Call us today at (408) 283-0600. 

Comments 0

Leave a Comment