Basically, the homeowner should only be attempting to handle the more minor installation and repair projects, the word “minor” in this case meaning whatever can be done on the outside of your home’s walls. DIY projects will save you money by eliminating labor costs and purchasing easy-to-find, inexpensive parts. But you will need to know the basics such as how and when the water needs to be shut off, the proper tools for the job, etc. Even though there are a host of different plumbing jobs that are needed, here are a few examples of the more minor plumbing tasks that you can probably do yourself:
- Installing faucets and related fixtures – This can be a relatively easy job provided you don’t have to contend with any damaged or defective valve connections. In most cases, the parts come with directions that are fairly simple to follow.
- Minor toilet repairs – Problems such as the handle not flushing, the toilet running constantly, or a wobbly toilet seat can be easily corrected without having to call our San Jose plumber or plumbing contractor.
- Unclogging drains – If your shower, sink, or toilet gets clogged, drain cleaning fluids and rubber plungers are usually all you will need to fix these problems. However, if you have experienced more frequent clogging, or have multiple drains that clog simultaneously, then you might have a much bigger problem. It may be time to contact us at Rayne Plumbing, the best San Jose plumbing company to handle the job for you.
Conversely, the only way to avoid errors and ensure that the problem gets fixed correctly, and efficiently, is by hiring our plumbing professional to address the situation. This also applies to the more major problems and repairs, i.e. those that you have little or no knowledge of, or those issues that are beyond your skill level. Here are some examples:
- Backed-up sewer line – This is usually an indication of a bigger problem that exists with either a drain and/or the sewer line itself. In either case, you should rely on the expertise and skills of a certified plumber at Rayne Plumbing to correct the problem.
- Low water pressure – Since there are a number of issues or problems that can adversely affect your home’s water pressure, you should hire one of our San Jose plumber to identify and correct this type of problem.
- Replacing a water heater – The only way to ensure that this type of job is done correctly and safely is to hire a professional from Rayne Plumbing with the proper tools and training. We have a team of experienced and licensed plumbers to assist you at every step.
If you are unsure as to what may be causing a particular plumbing issue, don’t try to tackle the job yourself. You will always be better off talking to our San Jose plumbing specialist. When you are searching for a plumbing contractor or technician, it is important to know that we are bonded, insured, and licensed, and will provide a written estimate of the work.
Furthermore, if you come across any plumber that does not have a local address or only provides a P.O. Box, stay away. It is always better to call us at Rayne Plumbing, your local area contractor. Call us today to know more about our services.