Slab Leak Repairs
San Jose Slab Leak Repair Services
Is a slab leak causing water damage to your home’s foundations? Call us at (408) 283-0600 and let our experts provide you with expert San Jose slab leak repair services today!
Nothing is worse than having an undetected water leak causing damage to your property. When these leaks are under the foundations of your home, they are classified as slab leaks. At Rayne Plumbing & Sewer Service, Inc. we provide all of our customers with industry leading San Jose slab leak repair services to prevent critical damage to occur in your home. See what our satisfied customers have to say here, and call us today for immediate repair solutions for your home.
What exactly is a slab leak?
A “slab leak” is the term given to any water pipe leak that occurs beneath the concrete flooring, or slab, of your property. Slab leaks can cause significant damage because more often than not they go undetected for extended periods of time. In the event of a slab leak, call our experts San Jose slab leak specialist. We will find the leak and repair it before serious damage is done to your property.
How can you tell if you have a leak?
Since slab leaks do occur beneath the foundation of the home, it can sometimes be hard to notice when something is wrong. However, there are several things that may indicate the presence of a slab leak. These include:
- High water bills: If your water bill suddenly goes up and you can’t think of a reason why, it’s possible that your home may be suffering from a slab leak. They can wastes gallons of water on a daily basis, resulting in serious water costs.
- Warm spots on the floor: If you find that specific areas of your floor are exceptionally humid or hot, then there may be a slab leak beneath. When a hot water line leaks, it can lead to the buildup of hot water under the concrete flooring that, in turn, can cause the warming of the surrounding environment.
- Sound of running water: If you’re hearing running water in your home and shutting off your water seems to have no effect, it’s likely that you’re dealing with a slab leak problem.
- Cracks in your ceilings or walls: While the settling of a building will eventually result in some cracks here and there, the sudden appearance of new cracks can indicate the buildup of moisture. While this could be attributable to a whole host of issues, you’ll definitely want to rule out slab leaks as a cause.
If any of these problems are present in your home, then it may be time to call our expert plumbers. We will inspect your home and find the root source of the issue in no time!
What causes this issue?
Slab leaks can have a number of different causes, the most common of which are:
- Drainage issues: In order to prevent the buildup of water around your home, having the proper drainage is crucial. Since the concrete foundation, or slab, is porous, it easily absorbs water that pools in the area, leading to slab leaks. Make sure that your home has an adequate drainage system and do routine checks of your home to ensure that you don’t have any moisture buildup or pooling occurring.
- Improperly sealed foundation: This is a particular problem in homes with basements, where the foundation is set in the dirt. In order to waterproof the foundation, a proper sealant is necessary. The lack of proper waterproofing, combined with poor drainage, is a recipe for slab leaks.
- Damaged pipes: Pipes can break for a number of reasons. When the pipes beneath the foundation burst or begin leaking, a slab leak is usually inevitable. Replacing the pipe is the only answer, and that’s precisely where we can help.
How do our professionals solve the problem?
At the first sign of a slab leak, make sure to give us a call to schedule your appointment. We’ll assess the situation and determine precisely what needs to be done to fix the problem. While there are several ways to repair a slab leak, the most common way is to cut into the slab, remove the compromised pipe, and replace the section with new piping.
After all the necessary repairs have been made, we replace the concrete and you’re on your way to enjoying a functioning plumbing system once again. So if you suspect there is a slab leak in your home, rely on the best, call us today!
Don’t let slab leaks ruin the foundation in your home! Call us at (408) 283-0600 and get industry leading San Jose slab leak repairs today!